🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pumpkin Rugelach with Sage and Walnuts

5776a430 001c 432a b668 83d6ae80f409  20 food52 01 10 12 7927

I have a question about the recipe "Pumpkin Rugelach with Sage and Walnuts" from arielleclementine. Is it possible to make the rugelach in advance (to the point of rolling them into crescents) and then keeping them in the refrigerator until it's time to bake?

asked by dancerslikefood almost 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Yes, I think this would work well, but I wouldn't keep them in the refrigerator for more than a day -- the filling flavors might start to fade.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I make rugelach every year around the holidays, I roll them, freeze them individually on a tray then transfer to a freezer bag and bake as I need them. I am not sure how long you plan on making them in advance but the recipe I use freezes beautifully.