🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Meta Given's Pumpkin Pie

670d4e4d c1d4 47e5 a930 736517ded9c9  2014 1030 pumpkin pie 013

I have a question about the recipe "Meta Given's Pumpkin Pie" from Genius Recipes. Curious if anyone has an approximate amount of pumpkin puree to aim for when doing the first carmelization/cooking down? I cooked my pumpkins today and they are a bit watery - will drain a bit, and freeze so those processes will get rid of some water but an approximation of how much cooked down puree would be a good guideline for me to have. The photos are a good help for guidance on color and texture, just after some approximate volumns. Made this last year and it was great! Thanks in advance for the help.

asked by ejm almost 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Hi ejm, I'd wager you lose about 1/4 cup of volume from the liquid steaming off. Starting with 1 3/4 cup of a puree that looks like the photos will probably be a better indicator though -- good luck!

ejm

Wow, that was darn fast! Thanks - depending on how it defrosts I may just add a bit more puree and just cook it down to around 1.5 cup well cooked puree - a little over probably won't affect the set I would guess?