🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Milk chocolate nutmeg tart with hazelnut crust

E1833f0c 08cb 4fc9 baef 96c09f5fb0b6  food52 02 28 2012 1550

I have a question about the recipe "Milk chocolate nutmeg tart with hazelnut crust" from fiveandspice. How far in advance can I make the crust? Can I make it on Sunday, line the pan and freeze in the pan until Thursday, and bake it on Thursday?

asked by Tarragon about 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Yes - you should be able to freeze the tart shell and then blind bake and fill on Thurs

Absolutely, pastry responds beautifully to freezing - you don't even need to defrost prior to baking.