A question about a recipe: Brown Butter Candied Apple Clafoutis

F83e4836 08fb 4a43 9d2b 86041dbf1c8a  appleclafoutis4

I have a question about the recipe "Brown Butter Candied Apple Clafoutis" from amanda. Is tapioca starch the same thing as tapioca flour? I have some of the latter; can't seem to find the former

asked by mohagan about 6 years ago

Kenzi Wilbur

I think, technically, there's a very slight difference, but everything I've read points to the two being very similar in the ways they behave. Go ahead and use them interchangeably, and you shouldn't notice a huge difference in the final product.

mohagan

Thanks!

The bag of "Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour" in my cabinet says, "Also known as Tapioca Starch." ;o)

mohagan

Thank you!

bergamotdreams

Maybe for recipes that call for unusual ingredients, a product suggestion can be added?

bergamotdreams