🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Slow Cooker Pork Belly with Braised Apples and Cabbage

39fa3709 c0a7 4e47 b8d0 5df949e4f294  cider brined pork belly

I have a question about the recipe "Slow Cooker Pork Belly with Braised Apples and Cabbage" from adashofbitters. This sounds great but I don't own a slow cooker. How can I do this in the oven?

asked by mfriedman over 4 years ago
926a19d7 d9a8 42e3 bf8b 53b12f443eae  tibet

This is totally doable in the oven -- just follow the instructions through step 5, and then in step 6, put everything called for in a Dutch oven instead of a slow cooker, then braise in the oven over moderately low heat (about 325) until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F ( as called for in step 7, probably in about half the time called for in the slow cooker). Then follow remaining directions as written.