🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Potato Mash with Leek Confit and Bacon

927183be 77d6 4ebc a6bd 014de91f77cf  mashedpotatoesleeks

I have a question about the recipe "Potato Mash with Leek Confit and Bacon" from inpatskitchen. How well does this recipe do prepared the day before and reheated?

asked by The Principal Cook about 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I would hold off making the crumbled bacon and putting on top until the day you're serving it. But I think you could do everything else the day before

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

I would prepared it the day before and then bake it the day of, rather than reheating the day of if possible.

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Yes prepare up to the baking point the day before and do the baking the day of serving. I've also made the bacon the day before and just warmed it on top of the casserole about 5 or 10 minutes before it's finished baking.

2952b175 586d 4f22 a09b 32145fae8cf2  beijing hotpot

Thank you! I'll prep it tonight and bake it tomorrow. Happy cooking, everyone!