A question about a recipe: Potato Mash with Leek Confit and Bacon

927183be 77d6 4ebc a6bd 014de91f77cf  mashedpotatoesleeks

I have a question about the recipe "Potato Mash with Leek Confit and Bacon" from inpatskitchen. How well does this recipe do prepared the day before and reheated?

asked by The Principal Cook over 5 years ago

I would hold off making the crumbled bacon and putting on top until the day you're serving it. But I think you could do everything else the day before

Community Editor at Food52

I would prepared it the day before and then bake it the day of, rather than reheating the day of if possible.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Yes prepare up to the baking point the day before and do the baking the day of serving. I've also made the bacon the day before and just warmed it on top of the casserole about 5 or 10 minutes before it's finished baking.

The Principal Cook

Thank you! I'll prep it tonight and bake it tomorrow. Happy cooking, everyone!