A question about a recipe: Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef

Ed11481c 77d1 4bc4 9c8c 079271c8af8a  8222494410 c497a1065a b

I have a question about the recipe "Nach Waxman's Brisket of Beef" from Genius Recipes. Will this turn out well if I reheat it on the stovetop? Imy oven will need to be at 375 for something else during at the same time that I need to reheat the brisket.

asked by Randi about 6 years ago

Yes, you can place it in a heavy pot, preferably a Dutch oven, and cook it on stove top on low heat. Make sure the meat is covered by the liquid. You can also place it in a slow cooker if you have one.

ChefOno

When reheating a braise, the key is to keep the heat low (i.e. braising temperature, sub-simmer) and the time short so as not to remelt the gelatin. I don't believe the pot or pan will make much if any difference except that it be covered (foil is okay) and avoid glass on the cooktop.

louisez

Preparing brisket a day ahead is a good idea -- flavors will blend and improve, and after refrigerating, fat is easy to remove. Preparing ahead and reheating is actually advantageous. Reheating on stovetop is fine (as per previous comments).