A question about a recipe: Cream Cheese Cookies

D186e769 23d8 42e5 95e9 9c4d82523e0e  110920 35 1

I have a question about the recipe "Cream Cheese Cookies" from merrill. How much vanilla or almond extract should I add to one batch? I saw several users suggested adding extracts, but was unclear how much was used. Thanks!

asked by Heiders almost 6 years ago

happycao

I used about 1 tsp and it turned out well, didn't change the texture

I would start with 1/2 tsp and add more if you feel that it needs it. Though the max would be 2 1/2 tsp. Almond extract is strong and you ordinarily don't need it as much as you would with vanilla extract.

Heiders

Thank you! I have never used almond extract before, so good to know. I have a lot of cream cheese here, so I can experiment and let everyone know how they turn out.