🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Maple-Cardamom Glazed Salmon

B51eff53 03d4 43e4 99ed 75b83c084dce  food52 04 24 12 1274

I have a question about the recipe "Maple-Cardamom Glazed Salmon" from alasully. I've made this dish about 10 times now and continue to love it. One question: To avoid the ugly job of cleaning the cast iron skillet called for in the recipe I make this on a tinfoil covered cookie sheet. Unfortunately the maple syrup glaze that runs off the fish and onto the foil burns and makes a smoky, smelly mess. It's not an issue of clean-up (I throw the foil away) and it doesn't affect the fish, I just want to find a way to not make a smoky, smelly mess. Any ideas?

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

asked almost 5 years ago

Have you tried sort of skipping step 2, in which the salmon is glazed? Cook it unglazed initially then brushing on the glaze at the end and cook for a few minutes or until the glaze warms up and bubbles slightly. I don't know if this would make it less flavorful, but it would mitigate the smokey smelly mess.

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

Could you some how make this on a grill instead of in your oven?

What do you mean, "While Peter no longer works for Food52?!?!"

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

what? does this mean no more Charlie pictures???!!! that would be terribly upsetting.

E29013c2 3e90 48ab b297 41e445e1e562  sunshine small
Peter

Don't worry, photos of Charlie (with food of course) will be posted as often as I can get my act together. :-)