A question about a recipe: Buttermilk Barley Bread

E1f0895b c8fb 444f 8dc1 e9c28ff16f5d  barley buttermilk bread

I have a question about the recipe "Buttermilk Barley Bread" from AntoniaJames. At what point do I add the gluten? I can't see instructions for that. Thanks!

asked by skooj almost 6 years ago

This is not my recipe but after reading it I think that step 4 might be the right time to add the gluten. Maybe AJ or Cynthia will weigh in on this.

skooj

Thanks so much. I will be trying it this week.

AntoniaJames has developed a lovely bread, and the vital wheat gluten compensates for the lack of protein in the delicious barley flour. Whenever I use it, I add it right along with the other flour(s).

skooj

Thank you, Cynthia!