A question about a recipe: Scottish Toffee

3a109bf4 c892 44c9 ab26 ec940081fa9a  2014 1124 chocolate almond toffee 010

I have a question about the recipe "Scottish Toffee" from Lizthechef. Would you toast the almonds? I just finished shelling them, so are they raw?

asked by NomNom over 5 years ago

Tarragon

Yes, I would definitely toast, especially since they are not otherwise baked or roasted in the recipe.

em-i-lis
em-i-lis

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

And toasting nuts so often adds a wonderful depth to their flavor which is a terrific bonus!

NomNom

I did toast them in a dry pan and they tasted great in the candy. My toffee did not "snap" the way I wanted, but I don't think I cooked it hot enough. It is sweet and tasty, though.