🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Squashed Potatoes

Db3d6d96 c19c 44ad a7cf 4d3a69ad0b8f  wbp1106104 f52 156

I have a question about the recipe "Squashed Potatoes" from amanda. If I wanted to make these for Christmas dinner and I was prepping ahead, do you think I could boil the potatoes and flatten them, but then refrigerate them overnight? Would it work to save the frying and crisping until right before dinner?

asked by SlowFoodieBear almost 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

You can definitely boil the potatoes in advance. Flattening might work too, although that's easy to do just before frying, and might prevent them from getting breaking apart.

How many people are you serving? I love this recipe, but the only thing to keep in mind is that you can only crisp so many in a pan at once. I think they would hold well in a warm oven for an hour or two before dinner, if you don't want to get stuck at the stove.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

What Kristen said! Good luck and hope you like the recipe!