A question about a recipe: Squashed Potatoes

03d0ee5e 9b77 4381 b80f bec34d5b1855  2015 0516 smashing potatoes james ransom 083

I have a question about the recipe "Squashed Potatoes" from amanda. If I wanted to make these for Christmas dinner and I was prepping ahead, do you think I could boil the potatoes and flatten them, but then refrigerate them overnight? Would it work to save the frying and crisping until right before dinner?

asked by SlowFoodieBear almost 6 years ago

You can definitely boil the potatoes in advance. Flattening might work too, although that's easy to do just before frying, and might prevent them from getting breaking apart.

How many people are you serving? I love this recipe, but the only thing to keep in mind is that you can only crisp so many in a pan at once. I think they would hold well in a warm oven for an hour or two before dinner, if you don't want to get stuck at the stove.

What Kristen said! Good luck and hope you like the recipe!