🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Herbed ricotta and anchovy crostini

B5da7511 317b 4551 9ff8 56cd7b47b636  food52 03 13 2012 2941

I have a question about the recipe "Herbed ricotta and anchovy crostini" from Sagegreen. Drain the anchovies or mash them up with the oil from the tin?

asked by ihaventpoisonedyouyet almost 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I believe Sagegreen means just the fillets, without the oil in the tin.

This is not my recipe but skip the tinned stuff. It's the reason why there are so many anchovy haters---they are missing the good stuff. The tins are usually from Morocco and the contents are what I refer to as "pizza anchovies". Buy good, flat ones in a jar preferably from Spain or Italy.