A question about a recipe: Chewy Sugar Cookies #2

6aa4fe22 a214 43ef b3b8 7e77a0000210  2016 1007 chewy sugar cookies 2 linda xiao 248

I have a question about the recipe "Chewy Sugar Cookies #2" from mrslarkin. What should I do if I don't have turbinado sugar

asked by Anitac almost 6 years ago

former Community Editor

You could roll them in granulated sugar (or skip rolling them in sugar altogether), you'll just miss out on the extra sparkle and little crunch from the turbinado sugar.

You could use just regular granulated sugar. It won't have the same texture but it won't effect the taste

em-i-lis
em-i-lis

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

If you have demerara sugar, you can use that too. Its crystals are smaller than those of turbinado but larger than granulated sugar...