A question about a recipe: Grandma DiLaura's Panettone

Fe947d30 d3ec 46df bcbc 75493b06f003  food52 12 11 12 5446

I have a question about the recipe "Grandma DiLaura's Panettone" from cdilaura. How long does this keep, if well wrapped? I see Panettone in the local shops, starting weeks before Christmas. I'd love this to be my baked holiday treat to send/deliver locally next year, if it keeps for 4-5 days. Thanks so much. ;o)

It keeps really well, especially if you're planning on eating it toasted, with butter (which you should).

I've not made this particular recipe, but I've always had great luck with panettone holding for the time you mention. The soaked fruits (whether you use water or brandy or wine), all that butter, and eggs (in mine) contribute to lasting tenderness. What really helps is soaking the fruits because you're dissolving sugars, creating invert sugars which are very hygroscopic (haven't we recently had this conversation?), meaning they will pull moisture out of the atmosphere. Sally forth! Your lucky friends will love your thoughtfulness.