A question about a recipe: Deb Perelman's Mushroom Bourguignon

D6ca4718 ac67 487b b780 1f697a8e2868  mushroombourguignon2

I have a question about the recipe "Deb Perelman's Mushroom Bourguignon" from Genius Recipes. Can I make this a day ahead? Will it keep overnight and be just as yummy the next day or do I have to make it day of dinner party?

asked by DAVILCHICK almost 6 years ago

ATG117

I would make the pasta the day of, as close to the time of serving. (Be sure to season the pasta water well!) As for the bourguinon, no reason no to make it in advance.

DAVILCHICK

Thanks ATG117. I wasn't sure if the shrooms and onions would get all soggy or not. Pasta definitely do right before but I wasn't sure if the 'stew' would be great or limp.

Brette Warshaw

I would think you could definitely make the bourguinon ahead, but maybe only through step 3 - then, before serving, you could reheat it and mount it.

DAVILCHICK

Just wanted to report back that I made it the day before through Step 3, as you suggested, and then reheated, thickened and served. It was stupendous! Great dish! Thanks again!