🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart

Ecaac223 4c57 4926 aa7b 97be6d54d8d2  food52 12 18 12 1328

I have a question about the recipe "Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart " from dymnyno. Is this good made in advance? (Refrigerate?) Is it best served cold or room temp?

asked by Lynnht almost 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Dymnyno would have the best answer but based on the recipe it seems you could make this the day before and refrigerate it. If it stays too long in the fridge the crust will become soggy and the lemon filling will begin to "weep." I would take it out of the fridge at least 15 min before serving. It will taste good cold (but not too cold) as well as at room temp.

Thanks! I made the crust yesterday & decided I have enough time to bake it today. I'm excited/anxious to try the recipe... hope i don't ruin Christmas Eve dinner!

671b6c39 4898 435f 92c5 89cd9b925088  img 3788

You can leave it out for a day...just cover with plastic wrap. I have done this and the texture is fine, even two days later. It is best room temperature, in my opinion.