🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Coq au Vin

8fa544fa 690b 4b63 a57c 6e7f4b3f047b  image tjh1062

I have a question about the recipe "Coq au Vin" from thirschfeld. I want to make this for company but don't want to do so much last minute cooking. How much of this can I do ahead? Can I stop mid-braise and then finish right before dinner? Hmmmmmm.....

asked by JosieD almost 5 years ago

Braised dishes are typically better the next day so you could make the whole thing a day ahead and then finish for serving. It might not look as pretty as that picture but you don't have to be a food stylist.

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

You should assume all poultry is contaminated with salmonella, campy or E. coli. Stopping the cooking mid-braise would put it smack in the middle of the danger zone for far too long, encouraging those nasty little buggers to multiply and wreak havoc with you and your guests. Cook it properly, cool it properly, reheat it properly and have a happy New Year.