🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Gluten Free Biscuits

0e579220 6330 4f0d 934b a8793f2e73a2  biscuits gluten free recipe

I have a question about the recipe "Gluten Free Biscuits" from elanaspantry. Is the rising dependent on the combination of soda and Earth Balance, or can I substitute butter instead?

asked by Icastnorth over 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

You should be able to substitute butter

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

I second that -- the Earth Balance was probably used instead of butter to make the result dairy-free (so many who are gluten intolerant are also dairy intolerant). Having said that, I don't expect it will change the rise but wonder if it will make the biscuit a bit less flaky? (different fats can give different results). I'm not familiar with the recipe, so don't know if flakiness is one of the goals, or if this is more of a shortcake type biscuit -- if the latter, I'm reasonably confident there would be little to no baking impact of changing the fats.