🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Black-Eyed Pea Cassoulet

Bd0b8522 37b7 485c a0d2 3d0492bb6463  cassoulet 2

I have a question about the recipe "Black-Eyed Pea Cassoulet" from Kayb. What kind of smoked sausage do you recommend? I grabbed kielbasa at the store--will it work or would you suggest another type? Planning to make it tomorrow!

asked by EmilyC almost 5 years ago

1159112d e9d2 47a5 aa03 ccf4491917f1  img 9977
cratecooking

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

When I made this dish I used a pork and beef-blend of kielbasa and it was absolutely delicious with it! Best of luck, happy cooking and Happy New Year!

Kielbasa should be just fine. But you could also think about andouille as black eyed peas (Hoppin' John) are really a southern thing.