🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Short Rib Ragu

4ed782b1 3d11 4b59 bc69 9d446397b896  110111f 356

I have a question about the recipe "Short Rib Ragu" from Minimally Invasive. Would this adapt to being done in a crockpot? I'm thinking leave everything up to step 4 then stick in crockpot on low for 7+ hours?

asked by Lisa Harbin over 4 years ago

I think that would work out, no problem.

Cef49d72 d554 46db a888 e97e0311e08e  cimg0737

I love this recipe -- I make it every winter. Agree with nutcakes that this recipe should work fine in a crockpot. However, slow cookers tend to retain a lot more liquid than other cooking methods, so I would only add enough chicken stock/water to barely cover the ribs. After the ribs are finished cooking, you may want to further reduce the sauce on the stove top to thicken it before you puree it.