A question about a recipe: Okonomiyaki

C8141b5b 2e34 42fc 8cdd 09273b032dbb  2016 1102 okonomiyaki james ransom 219

I have a question about the recipe "Okonomiyaki" from Midge. since I am allergic to shrimp do you think finely chopped salmon would work?

asked by nancy.patek almost 6 years ago

I am sure it would, I have read comments where others used chicken, pork, just vegetables so I am certain that salmon would be wonderful. This is such a fantastic recipe I know you will enjoy.

usuba dashi

Buy Bonito flakes (ingredient for dashi). They are more traditional for okonomiyaki. Bonito is a dried fish flake of the tuna family.

BoulderGalinTokyo

salmon would work fine mixed in with your batter. If using pork, cook it first, because it's pork. As usaba dashi says bonito is traditional, usually generously sprinkled on top. Or try my other variations: finehttp://food52.com/recipes...

BoulderGalinTokyo

http://food52.com/recipes...
just search for okonomiyaki in recipes above, and you can find variations. It's like 'pasta', how many variations do you know for pasta?

nasilemak

I would not finely chop the salmon as you run the risk of overcooking it.