🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Okonomiyaki

C8141b5b 2e34 42fc 8cdd 09273b032dbb  2016 1102 okonomiyaki james ransom 219

I have a question about the recipe "Okonomiyaki" from Midge. since I am allergic to shrimp do you think finely chopped salmon would work?

asked by nancy.patek over 4 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I am sure it would, I have read comments where others used chicken, pork, just vegetables so I am certain that salmon would be wonderful. This is such a fantastic recipe I know you will enjoy.

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

Buy Bonito flakes (ingredient for dashi). They are more traditional for okonomiyaki. Bonito is a dried fish flake of the tuna family.

C1aa93d7 c7a4 4560 aa6d 6dca74cc98ca  smokin tokyo

salmon would work fine mixed in with your batter. If using pork, cook it first, because it's pork. As usaba dashi says bonito is traditional, usually generously sprinkled on top. Or try my other variations: finehttp://food52.com/recipes...

http://food52.com/recipes...
just search for okonomiyaki in recipes above, and you can find variations. It's like 'pasta', how many variations do you know for pasta?

Be86118b 7dbe 4c55 9965 f835b31c11a2  miscjune10 021

I would not finely chop the salmon as you run the risk of overcooking it.