🔕 🔔

Allison T

I'm not a vegetarian but I really like the Candle Cafe's cookbook. I don't remember it having any TVP recipes, but there are a ton of recipes for tofu and some tempeh, too. I've heard that not all of the recipes are completely accurate, but definitely a great resource for ideas.

cookinginvictoria

Heidi Swanson's cookbooks, including her most recent book Super Natural Every Day (http://www.amazon.com/Super...), feature a lot of tofu and tempeh recipes. All of Heidi's recipes that I have tried--and I have tried many of them--have been delicious. She also has a blog (http://101cookbooks.com/). Rebar: Modern Food Cookbook by Audrey Alsterberg and Wanda Urbanowicz is another favorite vegetarian cookbook of mine that has some really tasty tofu/tempeh recipes: http://www.amazon.com/Rebar...

lifeofcolors

For Tofu I recommend "101 Things to do with Tofu" by Donna Kelly and Anne Tegtmeier. I'd be interested in what others suggest for tempeh and tvp as well.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Andrea Nguyen just published a book of tofu recipes.

Tempeh Cookery by Colleen Pride (The Book Publishing Company) -- came out in 1984, originated at The Farm, the community that I believe really got tempeh off the ground in the US. Their Tofu Cookery is a classic, and The Farm Cookbook has recipes for TVP as well. Shurtleff & Aoyagi have a Book of Tempeh, which followed their Book of Tofu. These are all books that are early in the soyfoods story in the US.

smslaw

Plenty, by Yotam Ottolenghi is a great veg cookbook with a stupendous black pepper coated tofu recipe that for the first time in my life has me actively going out of my way to eat tofu.

Amazonmom

I like Deborah Madison's little book - This Can't Be Tofu!: 75 Recipes to Cook Something You Never Thought You Would--and Love Every Bit