A question about a recipe: Banana Cardamom Smoothie

4a6cce6e cc0d 11e5 8e0d 3c15c2d2bb38  37 full

I have a question about the recipe "Banana Cardamom Smoothie" from chef_ub. Does anyone know what the equivalency of ground cardamom to cardamom pods? , i.e., how much ground cardamom souls I use to equal 3 pods?

asked by Wicko over 5 years ago

It would be very little -- I would start with a pinch, and then you can always add more to taste.

darksideofthespoon

I second the 'very little' vote. For the Blueberry Cardamom Chia Seed Pudding I made: the first time I used 3-4 pods for 1 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom. WAY too much, totally ruined the pudding for me (don't worry, I used it in smoothies!) The second time I used one pod that had about 3 seeds in it. Perfect!