🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Caramelized Butternut Squash Wedges with a Sage Hazelnut Pesto

43fc6754 f9db 483e bfa4 ef5cfa621692  2014 1031 suite one studio gold rimmed lace platter mid 006

I have a question about the recipe "Caramelized Butternut Squash Wedges with a Sage Hazelnut Pesto" from melissav. Would feta be a good substitute for this recipe? That's what I have on hand. I'm not as familiar with the ricotta salata.

asked by Jessica Wolff over 4 years ago

5b7755f4 f84e 4738 be55 06b56e9c2553  dsc 0008 002
em-i-lis

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Ricotta salata is a harder, saltier, dry form of ricotta that is often shaved or crumbled. Feta would be a lovely sub!!

feta would work well. I think you could use a goat cheese too if you wanted.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I also think feta would work well. Feta can be a bit saltier then ricotta salata, so that's the only thing you will need to adjust for. I also like to pair grilled squashes with blue cheese, and if you have it handy, it would work great too.