A question about a recipe: Beef Bourguignon

27d4383f df84 4ee9 a804 c5d613cbf810  2017 1201 mfc beef bourguignon 3x2 julia gartland 058

I have a question about the recipe "Beef Bourguignon" from TasteFood. Could this be made in a crockpot and how please

asked by gailegski almost 6 years ago

You probably could for the first bit of the recipe...but one of the essentials of the classic recipe is at the last step of removing the beef and reducing the sauce...and then adding the pre-sauted pearl onions and mushrooms..adding back the beef and warming a bit. So those elements are still individuals.
Just dumping everything together will make a nice stew tho. Crock pots will meld everything together.

gailegski

Ok, thanks for your help