A question about a recipe: Khaman - Dhokla

I have a question about the recipe "Khaman - Dhokla" from PistachioDoughnut. Can we re-cook it after we take it off the stove and let it cool

• Posted by: danke
  • January 18, 2013
  • 1 Comment
A47fcc2d c469 44ee 93a8 076af92b17a0  photo
Recipe question for: Khaman

1 Comment

Andrea Nguyen
Andrea Nguyen March 7, 2013

Danke, while I've not made the khaman-dhokla recipe you're asking about, my sense is that the dumpling mixture ideally comes out like a steamed cake. I'd try resteaming it to recook; if that didn't work, I'd cut it into pieces and bake them at 350 or 375 to remove some of the moisture (check it every 5 to 8 minutes). However, that's a moot point for you now.

What kind of steamer did you use? I'd use a Chinese steamer (bamboo or stainless steel) to prevent excess moisture from dripping down onto the batter during cooking. If you make the recipe again, hedge your bet by using a little less water (say, 3 tablespoons). A thick Greek yogurt may do the trick too.