A question about a recipe: Bruschetta with Ricotta, Honey and Lemon Zest

Fc941faa f9b9 48d9 be88 bb058370e912  bruschetta with ricotta honey and lemon zest

I have a question about the recipe "Bruschetta with Ricotta, Honey and Lemon Zest" from merrill. What beer would you pair with this?

asked by Brooklynite over 5 years ago

I'd go for a Belgian ale. (Hi Jordan!)

Brooklynite

Hi Amanda! "Belgian ale" is like "French wine"; there are literally hundreds of styles. See BeerAdvocate's list of ~20 main categories, for example: http://beeradvocate.com.... The two styles I'm debating between are Flanders Red Ale (sharp, fruity, sour, and tart; closer in taste to a sweet champagne or dessert wine than what you think of as beer) and the Tripel (a complex spiced, sweet style).

I knew you were going to call me out on that!

Christine

A tripel sounds maybe a bit too rich for this dish. do you think something like a saison (Dupont perhaps) would go well with the floral honey flavor and the light lemony zest?

Brooklynite

That's a good idea. If I can't get my hands on a case of Dupont by tomorrow, what do you think of Rodenbach Grand Cru as a backup?

Wish I could add something to this conversation, but I'm not a beer connoisseur in the slightest.

For a bruschetta with ricotta I'm thinking Italian all the way; Moretti or Nastro Azzurro.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I would go with lighter floral beer, something like Flower Power India Pale Ale, a nice lemony Belgian white ale or whitebeer like Celis White?