🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Vegan Lentil Shepherd’s Pie with Parsnip and and Potato Mash

A5403fe5 5692 469d ba59 7f6b774b0563  veganshepherdspie3

I have a question about the recipe "Vegan Lentil Shepherd’s Pie with Parsnip and and Potato Mash" from Gena Hamshaw. (Not "urgent," but an answer ASAP would be very helpful.) I want to make this dish in advance for a friend. What baking time do you recommend if going straight from a frozen state? How about a thawed/refrigerated state? Thank you!

asked by cs.violinist over 4 years ago

06867ff8 a038 4bc7 9c9d f1965d12475c  dscf7014 800x739

Definitely cook from frozen if you can - 350F - depending on the size of the pie dish, could range from 30 mins to 45 mins. I like to put my frozen pie in a cold oven so as it heats up it brings the temp of pie up too. 5 minutes under the broiler at the end would give crispy topping

Thawed / refrigerated state, I think 375F for anywhere between 25 mins to 40 minutes should work, depending on the size of the pie dish you are baking.