A question about a recipe: Turkish Yogurt Soup with Lamb Meatballs

55024151 6c09 4315 be66 73f5f3efe601  yogurt soup

I have a question about the recipe "Turkish Yogurt Soup with Lamb Meatballs" from fiveandspice. I've made this soup twice and it's curdled a bit both times. Any ideas as to how to avoid this?

asked by erinrae almost 6 years ago

A few ideas: use yogurt with a higher fat content, don't add cold yogurt to hot soup, don't heat it too fast, don't heat it to a boil, and if it does curdle, try pulsing it in a blender.

Droplet

Instead of just adding the yogurt to the hot soup, temper it first by adding a bit of the warm liquid (a few laddles) to it while whisking, then add that to the pot.