🔕 🔔

Is icecream Cuisinart maker the same as gelato maker from De'longhi? Which one is better. Any better icecream makers on the market?

asked by KKool almost 5 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Cook's Illustrated did an equipment review on ice cream makers in 2010. The best one was the Whynter SNÖ Professional Ice Cream Maker with a price tag of about $331. The second place, and best buy, was the Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, model ICE-21. They did not review the De'Longhi.

I have the Cuisinart myself and I'm quite happy with it except for one minor detail. It only has a 1 1/2 quart capacity (which may not matter to you). Because you have to freeze the container overnight I looked into purchasing a second, backup container. For reasons I still don't understand Cuisinart couldn't help me. The machine is inexpensive and quiet compared to the old style ones where you had to add rock salt.