🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

8413faab c3a4 4f1f b696 c42582f521a8  2016 0322 lemon poppy seed muffins bobbi lin 2974

I have a question about the recipe "Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins" from sweet enough. what if i use buttermilk instead of sour cream? and how much?

asked by Rebecca Cherry over 4 years ago

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

You can sub one for the other. I would use the same amount of buttermilk as sour cream. The resulting muffins won't be quite as rich, especially if your buttermilk is low fat or fat free, but it will work. You could also use whole milk yogurt.

I almost always sub buttermilk for sour cream. It's a trick I learned from my mom. Yields a just-as-tasty result with less fat. Measure one for one.