A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's New Classic Coconut Macaroons

09493539 ce90 4c7f a12e b5bc85ad9cbc  food52 03 20 2012 7425

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's New Classic Coconut Macaroons" from Genius Recipes. Could you do this with Almonds instead of Coconut?

asked by Judy Berek almost 6 years ago

Cool idea -- I'd like to think that the "goo" in this recipe could hold together other dry ingredients. I'm thinking sliced almonds might be most comparable to the coconut chips, but almond meal/flour could maybe work too. Let us know if you try it!

Judy Berek

I was thinking sliced almonds too. I will try it and let you know. I love macaroons and hate coconut.

Lena

Ok, this answer probably comes too late, but yes: you can use sliced almonds instead of coconut. I just made them that way and they turned out perfectly: crispy, chewy, yummy.