🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's New Classic Coconut Macaroons

09493539 ce90 4c7f a12e b5bc85ad9cbc  food52 03 20 2012 7425

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's New Classic Coconut Macaroons" from Genius Recipes. Any tips on how to make these "attractive heaps"?

asked by Dessito over 5 years ago

fearlessem

Basically you can just shape them with your fingers -- it isn't difficult. They are sticky, so wetting your hands between every few you shape helps. I just put a lump on the parchment with a spoon and then use my fingers to push the lump together into something coherent.

This recipe truly is incredible -- best macaroons EVER. Note that they go soggy by the next day and aren't as good that way. But putting them back in a low oven for 5 - 10 minutes (I often use the toaster oven for this) will re-crisp them.