A question about a recipe: Afghan Dumplings with Lamb Kofta and Yogurt Sauce

Cbdaf616 7dfb 4ed4 9672 22b1aa15ddee  041311f 676

I have a question about the recipe "Afghan Dumplings with Lamb Kofta and Yogurt Sauce" from Katie Sullivan Morford. I'm looking to turn this into an Hors d'oeuvres for an oscar party. Could you put the meat sauce in the dumpling to make it more of a party dish? Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated....

asked by marcusklein over 5 years ago

nutcakes

Hum, maybe Katie will come along, but.....this is traditionally serves as shown with the meat and yogurt sauces over the dumplings. I suppose you could use the meat sauce (made less runny) as a stuffing in a fried wonton type thing.

nutcakes

Oh and you could serve the yogurt sauce as a dipping sauce, but personally, I'd make something else, since this kind of dumpling isn't meant for that.

marcusklein

Any thoughts on something that is Afghan inspired?

marcusklein

micook

Kebabs?