A question about a recipe: Cream Biscuits

4e28956e 1589 45f1 b567 f9a54ce46db6  2016 0507 scones james ransom 024

I have a question about the recipe "Cream Biscuits" from merrill. Can I cut these biscuits into circles instead of triangles? If so, what baking modifications would I do?

asked by beijinggirl over 5 years ago

Yes, you can cut the dough into circles. The biscuits should cook in about the same amount of time.

Savorykitchen

Agreed! This is my go-to biscuit recipe these days. It can be cut in any shape you'd like. Just keep an eye on them if you cut them small. Look for color as a sign of doneness, not necessarily time.

Yes, good point about watching for color. Golden brown = done!

beijinggirl

Thank you! They worked out very well as circles!