🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Gluten-free Rosemary Meyer Lemon Quick Bread

Bb7de00d 3041 45f2 b77d 1ac8d46d0570  img 4029

I have a question about the recipe "Gluten-free Rosemary Meyer Lemon Quick Bread" from With Style and Grace. What can I use instead of Sorghum flour? Is it ok to use more of one of the other flours or is there a better alternative?

asked by Shadler over 4 years ago

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

You are working on ratios here -- flour to starch (and the potato flour is really starch). If you were to swap for another flour, use the brown rice as it will do the best job of preserving your ratios. I do a ton of GF baking, but don't use sorghum flour, so am not sure what taste compromise you might be making. It you can easily get your hands on white rice flour, I'd use that instead, but if you have all the others and don't want to make another trip to the grocery, go with the brown rice FLOUR rather than either of the starches.