A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies

D0130c7d e57a 43e5 bc9c 59b1477becc1  best cocoa brownies genius desserts 213 1

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies" from Genius Recipes. I'm trying to make a batch right now and I've followed the directions exactly and after 45 minutes in the oven, my brownies still are gooey. It's not my oven: it worked fine when baking a loaf of bread yesterday. Has anybody else had this problem?

asked by mbbored over 5 years ago

nutcakes

Sorry you can't get an editor or another cook who made this to answer at this time. I just say 'cook till done'. Some people like gooey brownies and they might cook a bit more and firm up once you take them out of the oven. But I personally dislike gooey or gummy brownies, so this sounds like one to stay away from for me. I like the crusty kind.

darksideofthespoon

I'm going with PP, just bake until you think they're done. Mine only took 20 minutes and even then, I over-baked them a tad and they were crusty. Delicious, either way!

Apologies for the delay -- I agree with nutcakes and darksideofthespoon. Baking times can vary with all sorts of factors -- the type of pan, the oven, how warm the batter was when it went in, etc. How did they turn out?