Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »

A question about a recipe: Lemon Posset

Ef40e299 cdfc 4bd3 bb28 3c366b221a89  022310f 699

I have a question about the recipe "Lemon Posset" from mrslarkin. How long with this keep in the fridge? I poured my posset into plastic containers with screw - on lids.

asked by mornnen almost 4 years ago
22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Hi mornnen! I seem to remember the last time I made it, I stored leftovers for a couple of days.

Hello, if I can add my grain of salt here: I used to make posset when I was a pastry chef at a restaurant in England. The regulations said that dairy products should not be kept longer than 4 days. We seldom had leftovers, but I did have some left for three days once. They were fine to eat, but we didn't serve them, because the textures wasn't as delicate and they had developed a bit of a tough 'skin' on the surface. So, my commis chef was very happy, as he got to eat two possets! In short: they'll be safe for four days or so, but they'll be at their best if eaten within 48 hours.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.