🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Suzanne Goin's Corned Beef and Cabbage with Parsley-Mustard Sauce

2980f9f8 eaec 4fa1 8ad3 de5816f90948  food52 03 13 2012 4189

I have a question about the recipe "Suzanne Goin's Corned Beef and Cabbage with Parsley-Mustard Sauce" from Genius Recipes. I want to cook this recipe for 10-12 people this weekend. If I get 2 or 3 briskets, can I cook them all together in my large stock pot? How might it affect cooking time? Thanks!

asked by olygirl over 4 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

You'd want to make sure that the simmering water could get to all the brisket -- so if they were stacked tightly, the middle ones might not get cooked as thoroughly as the outer ones. Think you could space them out in the pot, maybe by nestling the onion in between? If so, the cooking time shouldn't change much, but you should double the water.

I think it will work out fine, if there is plenty of water as suggested above, and just use the longest suggested cooking time, shouldn't make a difference after 3 hours or so anyway. Such a great way to do corned beef, I love it. But I always make it with World's Best Braised Cabbage instead of steamed.