A question about a recipe: Hervé This' Chocolate Mousse

A96fd6af 27b6 4c99 9e98 12b2ffd9bafb  food52 02 07 12 7891

I have a question about the recipe "Hervé This' Chocolate Mousse" from Genius Recipes. Has anyone made this using a Vitamix? Do you think it would work or too much power?

asked almost 6 years ago

I don't think so. It looks like it needs to be blended to incorporate air into the mix. Something that vitamix doesn't really do. Do you have a stick blender with a aerator disk?
Or put in the stick blender in tall bar glass and lift to incorporate air.

Yes, I do. I didnt think it would work. Thank you very much.

Actually, on further reading of the recipe (I read to quickly). It looks like you DON'T want emulsion. So, maybe just a stainless bowl and whisk for better control.
Either way, it looks like a learning thing. Good luck.

Fortunata

I would be less concerned about having too much power and more concerned about the fact that his recipe calls for chilling the mixture as it's mixed.

Here's a totally different take on chocolate mousse that's made with a Vitamix: http://joyofblending.com/chocolate-almond-mousse-simple-fast-vegan/

healthierkitchen

It comes together really quickly and isn't difficult - quicker than whipped cream for example. But the transformation happens quite suddenly.

Since you asked the question 2 months ago, have you tried it yet? Results?

Not with the Vitamix. The KA hand mixer did the job quickly.