A question about a recipe: Irish Brown Soda Bread

374d5f64 7061 4350 8951 324050758494  122010f 097

I have a question about the recipe "Irish Brown Soda Bread" from merrill. What happens if you do not wait the full 2 hours for the bread to cool?

asked by Nomnomnom over 5 years ago

Its texture may be a bit "gummy", but if you've just gotta have it, do it!

If it is still steaming when you cut into it, the lost moisture may result in a bread that dries out more quickly if there is any left over. Bread that sits a bit before it is cut has time to develop a bit more flavor, too--especially if it contains raisins or orange orlemon zest.

Nomnomnom

Thanks Cynthia and Maedl. I waited it out! And it was worth it. Very moist and tasty!

The rewards of patience! for what it's worth, bread is never eaten hot in Germany. According to old wives, it give a person a bellache, but I think that was just a story they told to keep the bread fresh longer.