A question about a recipe: Marcella's Belgian Apple Pudding Cake

1f013118 4a28 4b18 8071 375b0d93369b  img 5181

I have a question about the recipe "Marcella's Belgian Apple Pudding Cake" from Alejandra_. Hi, i tried making this cake. First time round was a faikure. It turned out hard and rubbery. For point number 3 do i mix all together and blend or are there steps. Also why did my cake look dark?? I would want to make it agsin as the top lsyer tasted really yummy. I know nothing about baking

asked by Devina Dulku over 5 years ago

ZombieCupcake

Top layer?

Devina Dulku

The glaze tasted nice but not the cake.

Perhaps your baking powder is inactive? Try mixing some with water and see if it foams. Step 3 appears to have to mix everything at once. In step 4, how much mixing did you do? You need to mix enough to help develop some structure to support the rising caused by the air bubbles created by the baking powder. But you don't want to overdo it and create too much gluten.