A question about a recipe: Citrus Olive Couscous

Ada9921c 7ccc 4555 99fe bf35e7fe374f  9476 citrus olive cous cous

I have a question about the recipe "Citrus Olive Couscous" from vegetarianirvana. Do you think this would work with regular small pasta, such as orzo? I'm not sure how couscous differs form regular pasta. I like to cook with whole grains though, and it's easier to find whole grain orzo than whole grain Israeli cousous. Thanks.

asked by Laurie M over 5 years ago

Orzo could work as a substitute. You could also try whole wheat regular couscous (not Israeli)

Flavor Drizzles

The recipe would need to be adapted for a regular couscous, as the written recipes cooking instuctions would leave you with a "mushy" dish. Perhaps try replacing some of the called for liquid in a standard the stand couscous directions with some citrus juice, and add in the garnishes at the end. Could result in a delicous new dish for you! Good luck

Couldn't Be Parve

Israeli couscous is just small round shaped pasta so any other tiny pasta would be a perfectly good alternative.

I think you can use acini de pepe ("peppercorn")pasta. All the big brands make this shape.