🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: No Knead Country Loaf

08131889 65b0 4991 b740 1c911673fdd9  fresh bread

I have a question about the recipe "No Knead Country Loaf" from Beth Kirby | {local milk}. Can I use any whole wheat flour here?

asked by meganvt01 over 4 years ago

You should be able to! I'd substitute about 25% at most, for the first round, and use bread flour for the balance, as you'll need the extra gluten. And I'd add substitute a few tablespoons of rye flour, too, for extra flavor! (It won't taste like rye, but will bring out the sweetness in the whole wheat and make the loaf taste great!) But wait. This assumes that you are weighing the dry ingredients. Will you be doing that? If not, I'll need to check the relative density of the two flours to give you an accurate response. ;o)

That should be "I'd substitute a few tablespoons of rye flour." ;o)

1f596ae9 f36c 4022 8b52 0c8583fd70b0  meg b f52

Fantastic - thanks AJ. I will be weighing my dry ingredients and I am super excited to try this.

Let us know how it turns out! I'm planning to make it as well, but using one dramatically different technique (one I use when working with sticky flatbread doughs), about which I'll report later. ;o)