🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's Labneh (Lebni, Labni) Tart

61015ab0 d0f6 45a2 8df3 b8ef98e5af62  food52 03 26 13 9692

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's Labneh (Lebni, Labni) Tart" from Nicholas. Could this be made with regular greek yogurt instead of labneh?

asked by megocooks over 4 years ago

You can use Greek yogurt to make the labneh. As I understand it, you add lemon juice and salt to Greek yogurt and then let the mixture strain. Read the article and click on that link about Rivka's comments on labneh. It's a link to her recipe, Homemade Labneh. I wouldn't advise a straight substitution because the flavor and consistent of the tart will be different.