🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Leg of Lamb with Mint Sauce and Roasted Potatoes and Onions

4a9f4e0c cc0d 11e5 8d08 3c15c2d2bb38  45 full

I have a question about the recipe "Leg of Lamb with Mint Sauce and Roasted Potatoes and Onions" from merrill. Is it possible to make this recipe with a bone-in leg of lamb? How would I need to change the cooking time?

asked by breadandbutter9 over 3 years ago
A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

You can but the method calls for rolling the boned meat around the seasoning mixture, essentially stuffing it, so you'll either have to make some adjustments or skip the step entirely (which would create a significantly different outcome). To take advantage of the bone (a good thing in my book), you could open the roast up as if to bone it but leave the bone attached. Bone-in roasts are harder to carve but worth the effort if you ask me.

Cooking time will be extended somewhat so you might want to give the potatoes a little more head start than called for (the final temperature will remain the same of course).