A question about a recipe: Thanksgiving Osso Buco

3718f891 af97 4838 a702 73093fb95ff2  webfood52 11 06 12 9414

I have a question about the recipe "Thanksgiving Osso Buco" from QueenSashy. I'm a little confused about how the butcher should cut the turkey...can you clear this up for me? Thanks! Looks great!

asked by Lillian Ross Conrad about 5 years ago

Imagine the drumstick is a carrot and you wanted 1 1/2" wide pieces of the carrot cut horizontally - that's what you want from the drumstick. Best to have the butcher do that because bone is being cut.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

... definitely take it to the butcher. I had at home experiments that ended up miserably. As Monita explained, just tell the guy you want it cut cross-wise, 1 1/2" thick, so that it looks like osso bucco cut. I usually buy a little bit more and use large pieces only, and freeze the smaller ones for different use.