🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Cookies

Dc6b7acc aaba 44b0 ac41 24f7501d4501  chocmintcookies

I have a question about the recipe "Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Cookies" from Zahirah. do you really mean UNsweetened chocolate to coat these cookies? I suspect semi-or bittersweet. Thanks!

asked by dianetoomey over 4 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I looked at the testing notes, these cookies are a community pick and they were tested by food52 recipe tester and I didn't notice that any changes were made to the existing recipe so I would assume that unsweetened chocolate is in fact what is used. It's possible the sweetness of the cookie itself compensates for the unsweetened chocolate. That said I am sure you could use a bittersweet chocolate and it would be delicious as a coating.

I actually don' believe unsweetened chocolate should be used. I'v eaten pieces of good quality, unsweetened chocolate when baking with it, and it's not what I'd want to dip a cookie in. So, I'd go with semi-sweet. Sometimes things get overlooked, even with community picks.

85f45118 547d 4b3b 8522 c4afa0e39273  fb avatar

ATG117: you are correct. I used a combination of bittersweet and semi-sweet. Just right.
Thanks for the answers!! love this site!

70e89cbb 4faa 4b77 ae39 f818ad4d6376  photo 1