🔕 🔔

Can I freeze chicken liver pâté?

asked by Kanika over 4 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Yeah I do it all of the time! In fact I have some in the freeze right now!!

Definitely. I don't have any frozen right now, but I almost always make a double batch to have some on hand for the "whatever."

I have liver frozen all the time just in case. Use it to make bolognese! Pate freezes fine!
Cheers
irina

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

If you saved a little melted schmaltz ( rendered chicken fat) pour it over any leftover chopped liver and pate. It will seal out any refrigerator odors, and works fine in the freezer ,too.

Yes!
http://food52.com/recipes...

C1aa93d7 c7a4 4560 aa6d 6dca74cc98ca  smokin tokyo

Great way to have lots of pate! I agree with CHeeb to cover exposed surfaces with fat, or even olive oil, then freeze.